Tuesday, February 28, 2017

STAY READY... by Tosh L.

One of my oldest and dearest sister friends has recently been telling me to “Stay Ready!” It’s kind of an insider, but I will share a bit of what this is relating to. About five years ago, I had a dream. In the dream, I envisioned something interesting taking place and there were a few factors that stuck with me when I awakened. So, I immediately shared it with a small group of individuals early one morning that I saw in the dream. Well, I had placed that dream on the shelf, so to speak, until the end of last year- 2016. Reason being is something happened that took me all the way back to the moment when I had the dream. The dream came back to me as if it were yesterday. I was speechless! I am so thankful for my memory and the memory of my sister friend who also remembered the dream and what I shared with her so long ago. Before the end of last year, I was moving, but it was in slow motion and my sense of urgency was waning. But, this has pushed me to do what I had been meaning to do and to take action steps to accomplish some much needed things on my personal and professional to-do list. What I’ve learned is that dreams do manifest in perfect/right timing, but I always have the responsibility of preparation and readying me for whatever is coming my way- known and unknown. I have to move with a sense of urgency so that my life is not at a standstill, as it should never really be- always in motion, action and being. If I stay ready, I can handle just about anything coming my way!

My Determination:
I realized there's really nothing to wait for...really, isn't!  When I think of how tomorrow is not promised to any individual and that we have this ultimate gift of one lifetime, I can see my  life and every single moment that collectively makes up my life as a unique treasure to me. My 'thank you' and 'paying it forward' consists of me living it to the fullest extent imaginable! My sister tells me to #StayReady not #GetReady.... if I'm busy getting ready, the moment will be missed and I will never have it back ever again! I can't get what is gone or behind me, only what lies ahead of me. I am determined to Stay Ready!

~Tosh

1 comment:

  1. Wow, This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing this with him and I hope he was able to receive something from it!

    ReplyDelete